Summit Vault Document Management System provides customers with an easy-to-use document management solution for managing both clinical and non-clinical document flows electronically. Users can scan and index clinical documents, forms, insurance cards, driver’s licenses, EOBs, and other documents for easy access either within athenaPractice or through the Summit Vault application.
Summit Vault Document Management System consists of three components:
- Summit Vault Admin Module
- Summit Vault Application
- Summit Vault UI within athenaPractice
Summit Vault Admin Module
- Location where all scanned files are saved and encrypted.
- Create and manage parent and child Folder groupings for indexing of stored documents.
- Create and manage Document Types to be used with Summit Vault. By default all Document Types created in athenaPractice will appear in this list. Customers may wish to use additional Document Types which will not appear in the patient chart.
Summit Vault Application
The Summit Vault Application can be installed (or distributed via Terminal Services and/or Citrix) as a standalone application. The Summit Vault Application allows users to view, scan, and import documents into patient / customer / vendor records.
- Search for a patient, customer, and/or vendor. All patient information is pulled from athenaPractice.
- View of Folders / sub-folders and documents contained within each folder.
- View of selected document
- Controls for selected document (advance pages, zooming)
- Scan – click to scan an image from a TWAIN compatible device
- Upload – select file(s) from a Windows directory
- Properties of selected file to view
Uploading a document or group of documents from a directory, the user will click the Upload button and will be taken to a screen to select the directory where the documents reside. Each document will be showin the Files listing and users can select each file (or files) and index them.
- Open directory where documents residee
- Listing of documents in the directory
- View of selected document from Files list
- Name the file to be indexed
- Select date for file
- Select the Document Type
- Select the Patient, Customer, or Vendor the file to associated the document to.
- Select the Document Group Folder to file the document under.
Scanning a document from within athenaPractice, the user clicks the Scan (or Scan In) button to launch the integration to the scanner (TWAIN drivers).
- Select the Scanning Device
- Name the file to be scanned
- Select the format (TIFF must be used for a multi-scan image)
- Save the file
- Preview of scanned images
Once the image is scanned and Save to file is clicked, the user will be taken to the indexing page, click Save This Document to index the document into the proper folder for the patient.
Scanning a document from Summit Vault App
Users working within the Summit Vault application can click on the Scan button to scan and index documents into Summit Vault.
- Click the Scan button to acquire and scan in the image(s).
- Preview images scanned in
- Name the image(s) to be attached to the patient
- Select Document Date
- Select Patient
- Select Document Grouping (folder)
Summit Vault UI Within athenaPractice
Summit Vault can be accessed from Patient Registration, Billing, and Collections.
Patient Registration Screen
When the Summit Vault button is launched, the system passes through the patient information from Registration and/or Billing to retrieve the documents for the selected patient.
Within the Summit Vault UI, the users can Scan documents or Upload documents, and view existing documents in the system for the patient.
Chart External Documents
Documents within Summit Vault which are indexed to a Document Type which matches a Document Type in athenaPractice will be viewable within the patient chart. Document Types created in Summit Vault which are not setup in athenaPractice will not display in the patient chart.