The Orders Authorization Dashboard consists of three components:
- Order Rules
- Authorization Dashboard Administration
- Orders Authorization Dashboard
Orders which will appear in the Orders Authorization Dashboard will be based off the rules the customer creates for the product. Rules can be configured by a combination of CPT Code(s), Insurance Carrier(s), Insurance Group(s), and Order Type (Test or Referral).
AUTHORIZATION DASHBOARD ADMINISTRATION
ORDERS AUTHORIZATION DASHBOARD
Once rules have been created for the Orders Authorization Dashboard, as Orders are created within athenaPractice, they will automatically appear in the Dashboard for users to work through completion.
Allowed Resources – allows for adding or removing Appointment Resources to synchronize to the Orders Dashboard.
Note Results – allows for adding or removing Order results when creating Notes on the Orders Dashboard. When adding a Note Result, the user must indicate whether the Result action Completes the case or leaves the case open.
Note Contact Type – allows for adding or removing the Contact Type indicated when a user is creating a Note.
The Orders Dashboard is launched from the main screen of athenaPractice (Orders and Scheduling).
Users can click on the Search button in the top left corner to narrow the search for the set of Orders the user wishes to work with (image on following page).
The Order Date range is based on the initial date the appointment is placed on the schedule.
The Follow Up Date range is based on the next follow up date based on Notes created for Orders on the Dashboard.
Completion Status is based on the statuses created within Administration.
Based on the user search criteria, results will appear on the Dashboard
1) Patient Name and Patient ID
2) Authorization Number (obtained during authorization process). This value will also appear in the Authorization Number field on the Order.
3) Modality – Order Summary
4) Order Date
5) Referring Provider
6) Servicing Provider (if applicable)
7) Patient Primary Insurance
8) Follow Up Date – next follow up date based on notes associated to Authorization (entered by user)
9) Follow Up Urgency (Low, Medium, or High)
10) Order Status – status of Order based on most recent Note entered for Authorization
11) Order Priority
12) History of notes entered working the authorization. This information will also appear in the Administrative Comments on the Order
13) Displays Order information as well as most recent Office Visit Note.
Notes Information Capture – the following information can be captured while working an authorization:
1) View CPT Codes will display each of the Codes on the Order and reflect whether the CPT code is approved or denied for authorization.
2) Add Note – create notes and document process of obtaining an authorization (primary and secondary)
3) Auth Information – Authorization details captured during process.
4) Authorization and Eligiblity Notes recorded while working authorization.
1) Contact Type – method of reaching out to the patient / insurance regarding authorization.
2) Result – result of contact with patient / insurance
3) Urgency – Urgency set for obtaining authorization
4) Follow Up Date – date the user will need to follow back up on the Order if unsuccessful obtaining on attempt (date displays in the Follow up Date column on Dashboard and is searchable).
5) Primary and Secondary Authorization tabs with detailed information.
6) Authorization Number obtained
7) Authorization Effective and Expiration Dates (if applicable)
8) Number of authorized visits (if applicable)
9) Authorization Notes collected for documentation purposes (this information updates back to the Admin Comments on the Order in the patient chart)
10) Benefits information collected during authorization process.