Magic Fax Now For athenaPractice™ (V20)
Magic Fax Now is designed to automate the generation of documents to be faxed via Biscom once a provider has signed documents. Magic Fax Now will queue all documents with signature dates from the current date (or from last Magic Fax Now run if throughout the day) and fax the documents during a pre-determined time in the Magic Fax Now worker. Once faxes have been processed by Biscom, successful faxes will generate a fax confirmation which will be stored in the Fax Status folder of the patient chart. Failed faxes will generate a Flag which will be sent to a user within athenaPractice including the error message from Biscom.
Magic Fax Now Configuration Page (below) provides configuration options as follows:
- Configure Magic Fax Now to the Centricity Database
- Configure Magic Fax Now to the Attachments location
- Configure Magic Fax Now to the Biscom fax server
- Option to place Magic Fax Now into a test mode prior to deployment for production purposes
- Location to store Magic Fax Now log files
- Configure Magic Fax Now to run during the day, night, or both
- Select Document Types for Magic Fax Now to auto-fax once signed
- Select Job Title types on signed documents for faxing
- Select by Document Type selected whether to fax throughout the day or night only
- Display window of current Appointment Types selected for faxing
- Display window for current Job Titles selected for signature on documents
- Referring Physician listed in Patient Registration
- Primary Care Physician listed in Patient Registration
- Additional Contact Types identified where applicable (i.e. work comp)
a. requires additional configuration
- Specific OBSTERMS used in CPS to capture fax recipient
a. requires additional configuration
Set Fax Recipients By Doc – allows the user to select current clinical documents for a patient and Add a fax receipient:
Search for any referring or service provider setup in athenaPractice OR manually entered the fax recipient:
Set Fax Recipients By Appt – allows users to select fax recipients for documents associated to the selected appointment from the schedule.
Additional configurations of fax recipients are available based on suggested workflows by customers.
Magic Fax Now can also be configured to prevent faxes from being sent to specific fax numbers (i.e. the customers fax numbers) in situations where customer providers are listed as Referring or Primary Care physician within Patient Registration.
MAGIC FAX LINK WITHIN PATIENT CHART
Users can click on the Magic Fax link within the Patient Chart to see the status of any documents faxed as well as re-queuing any documents the user would like to fax to a recipient.
- History List will display a list of historical faxes sent via Magic Fax
- Magic Fax Queue will display all documents currently queued up through Magic Fax
- Magic Fax will allow users to generate a fax to selected fax recipients
4. View status of faxes in queue
Clicking the “+” next to a document will give details on the fax status of the document.
Clicking MagicFaxNow for a document in the chart will allow the user to fax/refax the selected document. The user can select the recipient(s) to receive the fax from the search screen below. Users also have a view of the selected clinical document when selecting recipients.
Magic Fax Now will create a Fax Status confirmation within the Patient Chart for each successful fax sent via Biscom.
Magic Fax Now will create a Flag within athenaPractice for each fax sent from Biscom via Magic Fax which fails upon transmission. The default Flag recipient is the Fax Status user. However, different recipients can receive failed Flags including different recipients based on Location of Care.
Magic Fax Now creates a daily log of fax activity. The log files reside within the Magic Fax Now directory as defined within the configuration page.
Summit strongly recommends frequent review of Magic Fax Now log files.