Good Faith Estimator For athenaPractice™
Good Faith Estimator is designed to allow athenaPractice™ users an easy way to create estimates for services provided to both uninsured as well as insured patients. Good Faith Estimator contains two components: 1) a dashboard displaying those scheduled patients due for an estimate based on their insurance (or non-insurance) status; and 2) the ability to create an estimate with integrated data from athenaPractice™.
GOOD FAITH ESTIMATOR DASHBOARD:
Search criteria for patients requiring an estimate include appointment date, appointment created date, estimate due date, Estimate Status, facility, and provider combinations.
Results will display the patient name, appointment date, facility provider, Estimate Status, Estimate Due Date, and Completed by date/user.
Users can create an estimate from clicking on the Create New link on the Dashboard OR by clicking on the Good Faith Estimate link embedded in the patient’s chart.
GOOD FAITH ESTIMATOR TOOL:
If launched from the Dashboard, the Patient Name, Appointment Date, Date of Service, Company, Provider, and Facility will all populate automatically. If launched from the patient chart, the user will enter all information elements manually.
Users can click the “+” from the patient’s active problem list to add diagnosis which will appear on the estimate letter.
Users can then click either +Manual to manually add all CPT codes to quote to the patient or +Charge Sets to select an existing charge set from athenaPractice™. All fee and allowed amounts will populate based on the information contained within the appropriate fee schedules in athenaPractice™.
The bottom portion of the screen allows users to enter insurance related details for a patient that does have insurance to make the proper calculations based on the Total Allowed Amount for services quoted.
Once the Save button is clicked, the system will generate the Good Faith Estimate Letter, save the data as structured date, and allow for future retrieval of previous quotes for patients.
- .NET Framework 4.7.2 (on the IIS server hosting the Web Application)
- Chrome browser on the desktop of users utilizing the Good Faith Estimator
- Microsoft IIS Web Server (does not need to be it’s own separate web server)
- Ability to configure a SQL Server User connection to the SQL Server for the Web application
- Permissions to Read/Write data to the Athena Practice database
- Permissions to Execute custom stored procedures
- Will need to install custom database objects to the Athena Practice database
- Will need to be able to setup and execute a SQL Server job on a nightly schedule
- Access to JBoss server/Athena Practice Administration module to set up custom buttons to launch the application.